Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Trenton was a little star in his Kindergarten play last week. It was titled "How Does Your Garden Grow?" and Trenton was the Gardener - "Herb." We've been listening to the practice music and lines for a couple of months so Blake, Kali and I have all the words and songs memorized along with Trenton. His teacher is incredible with these little guys and had everything so well rehearsed there was not a single mistake - it's amazing what they're capable of when given the chance.

We were blessed to have Aunt Sandy and Uncle Art attend and we made a special night out of it by going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.


Getting ready for the big moment. I asked if he was excited for the play and much to Daddy's relief he answered: "Well, kind of but I'm really excited for field day!"


The last track of the play always made me tear up when I think about how precious and important this time is 'growing' our little ones. It was no different during the play:

"How will you do when it's all up to you?
How will you let them know?
Tell me, how will you care? Will you love, will you share?
How does your garden grow?"



Trenton and our beloved Mrs. Roberts. We feel so blessed to be at this school with such an incredible teacher.

5 comments:

Mom Alley said...

Oh my goodness this make me really smile. How precious!!! Thanks for sharing. Wish we could have been there. We were in spirit, for sure! Tell Herb his grandma is so proud of him. Good job my grandson.

Grandpa Alley said...

Sweet! Well done Trenton.

Love ... Grandpa Alley

Jenna said...

very cute! That does sound like he had a one of a kind teacher

Amanda B. said...

Oh wow- that program looks SO DARLING! I love Trenton's costume.

Aren't gifted teachers like angels from heaven? I'm so glad you've had one!

edenseve said...

Did you make Trenton's costume? He looks SO cute!

What an amazing little guy. How proud he makes all of us!

Julie, thank you so much for your wonderful posts. It makes us grandparents feel almost like we're there, and what a blessing you are!