Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Girl, Part 2


A few months ago I went to write a check and saw this little name - Kali (spelled backwards) on the check.   I flipped to another check and saw it on another, then another, then another.  Little miss Kali had written her name on almost every check in my checkbook.  Ever the observant one she was watching me make this discovery with a triumphant, yet nervous raise of the eyebrow.  I assume she had been anticipating the moment for a while.  I didn't say anything, but but tilted my head and gave her my own eyebrow raise, to which she replied,

"Now the money's all mine."

9 comments:

Mary and Luke Alley said...

Hilarious. Kali + 10 years = ??? Oh we can't wait to read your blog in the years to come!

tami said...

THAT is hilarious! What a smart girl :)

Jeanne Alley said...

Amazing how her little mind works but this one takes the cake and is proof that she misses nothing. What a delight she is!!!

Amanda B. said...

Oh my stars. That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! It's amazing that she made that connection between the checks and the money! Smart, smart girl.

The Davis Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I remember when I thought writing checks sounded like fun ... not so fun anymore.

-Shanna

Mom Alley said...

hahahahaha...that a girl :)

Dustin and Courtney Lee said...

that is just adorable jules...:)

Jenna, Megan, Jessica & Breanna said...

adorable! what a clever girl

Cristi said...

Smart girl!