Sunday, March 20, 2011

When Irish Eyes are Smiling

 There is nothing like a child saying "My favorite Holiday is St. Patrick's Day, Mom.  Even more than Christmas!" to ramp up a holiday that used to come with barely remembering to wear green to turning it into a full-blown HOLIDAY.  It puts a bit of pressure on the mother of the home, but now that I think about it should remove some of the pressure from Christmas.  I wish.

After I dropped Trenton off at school I heard, "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling," and thought of Trenton's ancestors and realized it's in his blood with the Murphys and McDonalds - I guess I can hardly blame him for it ;).

Luckily when Grandma Allen found out Trenton's passion for this day she came to the rescue and sent a package with some decorations and goodies to help - Thank You, Grandma!!!  Starting March 1st Trenton said, "You know what month this is Mom...I think we should start wearing green every day."  So we tried to make this a special day for our little guys and gal - here are some shots.
 We got Kali all ready for her preschool party.


 Trenton had a Reader's Theater performance - it was fun to see all the kiddo's green.  No, this is not the outfit I laid out for him, but he insisted on this ensemble (he is the one in the lovely plaid brown shorts, and he insisted on sleeping in the socks the night before.)
 After Kali's preschool party, a few of the kids asked for the recipe for the Green Punch - it tastes just like water, Mom, but it's green!!!!  How do we make it?!
The visit from the Leprechauns at preschool when Trenton was little is what started it all, so I wanted to capture some of the evidence left behind again this year.  Green footprints :).

Of course the Leprechauns visited our house and caused plenty of mischief  before the kids went to bed.  The night before St Patrick's Day Steve and I found a note from Trenton - he now keeps it in his bed with him:

Lucky,

I hope the Leprechauns can someday be man's best friend.  Love, Trenton

Lucky wrote back:

Friends we will always be.  Love, Lucky

3 comments:

Jenna said...

WOW! That's what I like to see! LOVE holiday passion!

Mom Alley said...

I'm not Irish but my 'Eyes are Smiling' along with my mouth. Cute, cute, cute... Love you all

Jeanne Alley said...

How fun! Really stirred up my Irish blood that I am so proud of and I am so glad St. Pat's Day is Trenton's favorite. You may remember our Family stirring up one of the Murphy Reunions with "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling". I love Kali's green with the bow in her beautiful hair. Do give eachother a big Irish hug for me and go "green" to the end of March. Lots of Love