Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I really dislike saying goodbye - especially to friends that have been with us since we moved to Parker...9 years ago!  She started as my visiting teacher, broke into my house to bring us suitcases at the airport, watched my kiddos while I worked, planned a sweet trip to Chicago, was my therapist at the gym, understood my heart when I lost John, and understood my kids so very well.  She taught me the true meaning of friendship, patience, unconditional love and loyalty.  This was the friend I could call for anything, who would talk me through any situation, who finished my sentences and knew me better than I knew myself.  My kids adore her kids and we lost a lot of 'best friends'.  Little William was so patient and fun with Blake - when Blake went off on a tangent he would always say "Bwakey!!!".  So precious! 

These kind of friendships are rare - this kind of person is rare and I will always cherish her!  Now to figure out how to get to Seattle more often...



1 comment:

KT said...

OMG!!!! I am bawling!
I am so much in love with you and your awesome family!!!
You were an answer to my prayers for a friend and I got SOOO much more than that. I got a musketeer! All for one and one for all! I got a compadre and an amazing example of someone who I idolize so VERY much!
You my dear know that I would be there every minute of every day if you needed me to be!
Thanks for still being there! Thanks for chatting late into the night about everything. NEVER, EVER think you are a burden and know that if you ever need someone to talk to it is my pleasure to be that peerson you call.
Squeeze your babies for me and tell Steve thanks for sharing you ;)