Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grandma's Petunias

We were able to visit my Grandma Alley, Coo-choo Grandma to the kids, for a week in June. This was during the time we were homeless, so she was kind enough to endure 3 children under 5 with only one parent to try to reign in the chaos. It was a wonderful week and the kids were spoiled and loved only the way a Great-Grandma can.
We enjoyed Grandma's treats...
and played for hours on end with the greatest toys.

We were able to do some projects and Kali's favorite was helping plant Grandma's petunias in the "wheel." Kali loves helping anytime she can and she felt like a million bucks helping Grandma carefully choose her favorite flowers, moisten the dirt, fill the wheel and plant the young blooms.

Every time we've driven through Laramie this summer we've been able to watch the 'fruits of our labors' grow under Grandma's watchful care. It's been fun to watch. I remember petunias in the wheel since I was a little girl, but this years batch is the biggest I've ever seen. Here are some pictures with proud little Kali by 'her's & Grandma's' flowers.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

How wonderful! I'll bet grandma will cherish your time and memories made there for a long time. It's nice to know how close you are to her

Jeanne Alley said...

How true that I cherish our special summer memories....they all just went by too fast.
A sudden hail storm with no warning a few days ago did a number on part of the "wheel" petunias but I have turned it to hide the damage. I heeded the warning to bring indoors the two beautiful minature Dahlias from the front planters so Kali can see them another time; I hope soon.
Love, Grandma