Monday, February 8, 2010

The Dare

Blake and I were home together the other afternoon and looked out our back window to see this beauty sitting peacefully and munching away at some grass.  It was so majestic and I always forget how big deer are until I am at close range.  We have so many deer that visit our backyard.  Their little gifts are everywhere.  In fact earlier that day my friend asked if we had a deer "problem" in our backyard.  And here he was.



It stood up and stared at me for a long time, and I know exactly what it was trying to tell me:

"Go ahead.  Try to plant a garden this summer. I dare you."

3 comments:

KT said...

Us too. We spend weekends bribing the kids to scoop up as much as possible. If you want some tricks to keep a garden going let me know. Jenny Hahn grows her squash on trellises and made a chicken wire cage to cover the garden.

The Moyers said...

Grrrr! They are beautiful, but it still makes me angry. You should stop by and see what we rigged up last year. It was pretty successful until the very end of the season. But, last year was a total bust anyway with the weather.

Mom Alley said...

I remember sitting in your kitchen watching a beauty run through your yard. The looks on the children's faces were priceless. You live in a beautiful part of the world.