Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birthday Boy

I am so blessed to be the mother of this little guy who turned 5 on September 26th. Here is my Trenton Top Ten list - the Top Ten things I love about my man:

10. His big brown eyes and beautiful smile
9. Watching him learn to read
8. When asked who is best fried is he replied, "Kali."
7. How he loves to cook with me
6. Watching how he loves to make Blake laugh and protect him from his big sister
5. His passion, tender heart and cautious spirit
4. That he sees life in black and white - it's right or it's wrong
3. His strict obedience (he takes his time, but is always obedient)
2. How he loves to cuddle
1. When he says "Mommy, do you know how much I love you?"

Happy Birthday Buddy!

This year Trenton wanted a Space Party. We made space packs for each little astronaut out of cereal boxes and water bottles, launched 2 liter bottle rockets, went on a meteorite finding mission (Starbursts & Milky Ways wrapped in foil) and made & flew UFOs.

One of my favorite days to be a parent is birthday party day. I have sooo much fun planning and carrying out parties for the little guys. This is one of the few times I remember I have a creative side! Actually I simply know how to Google, then get inspired by others' creative sides :)! I like to have the most fun for the least $.




Astronaut Trenton working on his Flying Saucer UFO.


The rocket cake!


2 comments:

Mary and Luke Alley said...

That's my creative sista! Great ideas.

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday Trenton!!! I love his big, brown eyes and smile too. I've always thought he was a beautiful child! I still remember clearly the day he was born. He was a beautiful baby too.

Nice job on the party, Julie. I love the theme!

Congrats on the triathalon. You AMAZE me!!