Monday, November 24, 2008

Halloween Fun


The Trio


Happy First Halloween, Blake!


It's time for some catch-up...We had a really fun Halloween. After years of dressing the kids up for tradition sake and taking our oblivious, tired kids to about 4 houses before they tuckered out, this year they got it! It was a gorgeous, unusually warm Colorado Halloween night. Kali kept saying "more houses, more houses!" An exasperated Trenton would reply, "Kali, you have plenty of candy." This is probably the last year we will be able to talk Kali out of the inevitable princess costume and into a darn cute $2 garage sale lion costume. And we lucked out that Trenton wanted to be Mr. Incredible again this year (I'm vaguely remembering some parental influence in that decision). Blake rode so peacefully bundled up in his pumpkin costume (which we got on clearance at Old Navy last year for $3), and tuckered out by the end. I don't know why the fact that we spent $5 total on costumes this year gave me such a thrill, but it did. I don't remember a single meltdown or argument, but I'm sure that's my motherhood coping mechanism kicking in, because is that really possible? Or maybe I should put 3 weeks between the event and the blog more often. The kids could have been poster children for sharing with each other, and Trenton gave me all their Heath bars. Steve said, "I love being a parent on nights like this." I agree.