Sunday, November 15, 2009

Counting my Blessings

I have just been thinking about some of the many things that have brought a smile to my face over the last couple of weeks.  I wanted to make mention of them - some blessings are smaller than others, but all have made me pause and given my heart a little lift!

The primary program - Our ward had all the children dress in white - all 180 children.   It was a beautiful, eternal scene.  Kali is the very youngest Sunbeam in the entire primary (as her birthday is on New Year's Eve), but she sang like a champ on the front row.  She swayed her little head back and forth to the songs and was very intent on following the music leader; even to the point of directing and cutting off the kids and singing/mouthing the words in an exaggerated manner.  Oh I wish I'd had a camera to catch her sweet little shining face.

Wicked - My dear friend gave me tickets to Wicked for my birthday in July.  We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory beforehand - what a delightful night!  And an incredible musical - the music, the acting, the message was AWESOME!  I'm so blessed to have such good friends.

Sprouts - OK, the sales at this store are amazing.  And the latest - avocados were 4 for $1.  I just got happy looking at my 8 avocados for $2.  Then even happier eating the sprout/tomato/avocado/turkey sandwiches!

The delay start on our oven - I just figured this out today.  It made me very happy.  I put a frozen casserole in the oven before church, set the delay start and it was ready to eat when we walked in the door.  It's the little things.

My children's prayers - Trenton's prayer last night "...and please bless that I will play basketball as good as my Dad someday.  And that Kali will stop rubbing her feet on the dresser so I can finish my prayer."  Kali's morning prayer she says by herself that I overheard: "And please bless that Uncle John can come back down to earth.  Please bless we can see him again, because I miss him."

3 comments:

Mom Alley said...

Thank you for sharing. I tried to write in my journal but still can't so I wrote a letter to Grandpa instead. Maybe I should start a blog, too.

Piper said...

Thank you for the reminder to remember the little things. I love my kids prayers! They always remember the little things!

Amanda B. said...

Those are all wonderful things.

How fun that you got to see "Wicked!" Wasn't it fantastic??

We don't have a Sprouts here, but you are the second person to tell me how great the ones in CO are. I'll have to try them next time we come for a visit. :)