Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Snow Days

Let it snow!  Holy October Blizzard.  Parker got a good two feet of snow last week before Halloween. School was canceled for 3 days.  I have to admit I was as excited as the kids to not have to get ready for and carpool to school.  Jammies, hot cocoa, snow angels, beautiful snow...I love it all.  Little Trenton came down with something fierce during those snow days.  Temp of 104, body aches, sore throat, vomiting, diahrrea, headache - I have never seen one of my children that sick.  H1N1?  We'll never know.  He's been vaccinated against A & B so it very well may have been H1N1 - but what are you going to do?  Take it one hour at a time.  And really wish you would have stocked up on Tylenol suppositories before 1 am when your husband had to drive to three stores in the middle of a raging blizzard becasue your son couldn't keep anything down and was moaning in pain. 

He said to me at one point, "Mom it is wild inside of me." 
"What do you mean wild?" 
"It feels like a cheetah is running wild insde of my chest."

I laid my hand on his chest, and his heart was pounding so hard & fast I could see my hand going up and down.  His heart was pounding 150 times a minute.  That was scary.  I kept reading we could and should manage flu symptoms at home and kept thinking my RN badge should save us money at some point.  If I were at work, I'd call the doctor, start IV fluids, give him some oxygen and give him pain meds IV & that darn suppos.  I had access to none of that!  That's why moms are the SMARTEST.  They have to figure this out without all the fancy stuff.  We got through it with gatorade, blessings and a very brave sick boy.  OK and one cheater phone call to our ER Peadiatric doctor while I was at work Friday night - just for reassurance.  In a way it made the snow days easier because the poor little guy just wanted to be held and carried from place to place.  He was my little hot pack.  Luckily it hasn't spread to anyone yet. I'm not holding my breath though.  It may.

These are pics of our healthy ones enjoying the snow.  The drifts were taller than Kali.



And this next one is a pic of daddy not so much enjoying the shoveling.  And Kali enjoying hitting Daddy with a snowball.




2 comments:

Jenna said...

Not a fan of the idea of snow right now.

Poor Trenton! The cheetah statement is so cute and so sad. I hate that feeling

Mom Alley said...

Dad and Anna want snow...I can wait a while longer. After Thanksgiving would be just fine with me. :) Glad Trenton is on the mend. That made for a scary Halloween. Trenton expresses himself so uniquely. Love you all. 20 days til Thanksgiving!!!