Thursday, June 30, 2011

Swimming Lessons




One summer activity I wanted to make sure we got in before the baby came was swimming lessons for all the kiddos. Pool time is the best during the summer and I wanted the kiddos to be as safe as possible while having a blast. The only mistake I made was scheduling Blake's class first, so when he was done he had to wait for his brother and sister to finish their lessons. And what is more tempting than a wide open pool with a zero entry spot to splash and play even after multiple lifeguard warnings :). I know we humored all the watching parents as I attempted to chase my little 'master of disaster' all over the pool in my lovely state. It also made me feel justified when another pregnant mom said she almost fainted every time she set foot in the pool because it was SO hot and muggy in there. Yes, it was a miserable sauna that I bid a fond farewell on the last day of lessons.

The kids loved it, and loved watching each other and cheering each other on. I love the picture of Blake giving Kali a thumbs up. They made some excellent progress.

1 comment:

Jeanne Alley said...

So glad you made the time for this post. Don't know how you did it, but I sure enjoyed sharing this part of summer fun with my precious ones.