Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Baby Sister - The Graduate!

 Anna Graduated - Class of 2011!!!

I was blessed to be able to fly (yes, fly!!! Contrary to much helpful advice I received,  the doctor assured me cabin pressure does nothing to speed up labor) to Anna's graduation last week.  Steve & I decided to see how I felt, and with the doctor's blessing I was able to meet up with the family for the celebration.  Once again, Steve made it possible, managing the kiddos and home while I worked Wed, flew Thurs, flew back Fri and worked Sat, Sun.  It's times like this I feel so blessed to have healthy pregnancies that enable me to be active (albeit slightly tired ;) ) with just a few weeks left.

I can't believe my baby girl is on to the college years!!

It was a great chance to reflect on how blessed I am to have her for a sister....how hard I prayed and fasted for her, how we all adored and parented her.  Watching her grow up as a precious little girl to an energy filled, loving, go-getter of a teenager, an incredible aunt to her nieces and nephews, and a dear friend to her siblings.  I love watching her life unfold, and know that the years ahead hold some very big "eternity decisions" for my girl.


She is one adored girl!!!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

awesome! Glad you made it too! Luck in your last few weeks!

Amanda B. said...

Congrats to Anna and how special for you to be able to be there. I'm glad you made the flight okay.

Thanks for your sweet note. It's always so validating to hear from someone who "gets it." I've been thinking of you lots too and hope these last few weeks fly by for you! Keep me posted.

Jeanne Alley said...

It was so very special to have you and Luke there and all be together as family to share our pride and happiness for our sweet Anna and her accomplishements. I am grateful for the effort it took for you to make the trip and more so that all went well. I cherish the hugs of the "two" of you:).