Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am Strong Enough

I just got off the phone with a dear friend from Littleton. The last few days have been a roller coaster as I was told they would be. This friend didn't ask details, didn't ask me if they know what happened yet or ask me Emily's future plans. She simply said "Julie, we have been praying for you and your family and I need to tell you that you are strong enough to get through this. And if you don't think you can get through a day, then breath long enough to get through the next minute. You will feel pain, but it probably won't be a 10 again. So remind yourself that even though this pain is a 9 and it hurts so bad, you survived a 10 so you can survive a 9. Julie you are strong enough - you CAN do this." I didn't tell this friend a thing about what has been going on, yet she was inspired to strengthen me with her words and love. I am so blessed. And I am Strong Enough.

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Hi Julie, I found your blog through Emily's. You certainly are strong enough! I saw what you had in you for those first couple of days you were here and I know you will make it through. We're praying for you too!

Amanda B. said...

Of course I am in tears reading this. You ARE strong enough! I hope you know that. In fact you are one of the most amazing women I have ever known. I'm so glad you have some good friends there to lean on. We love you and miss you!