Monday, June 30, 2008

Hero #2

My second "Hero Blog" is about my dear husband. The minute Emily called telling us John was missing, Steve said I should get on a plane and fly out to Florida. As is typical to Steve,he didn't give it a second thought. There is no question in his mind when it comes to the importance of family and his daily actions have always shown that. He was adamant we stay on the phone with Emily for most of Friday night, raced me to the airport Saturday morning, then stayed up with the kiddos all day. He then had the foresight to make a website, and when I told him we needed to make a flyer to pass out in Florida he said, "I did that last night, it's done, ready to print and I negotiated with the Kinko's there in Pensacola to give it to us for 1/2 price."

As soon as John was found he once again didn't second guess getting on a plane to come support us. He kept extended family members updated and patiently put up with very brief, stressful conversations from his wife the entire time we were looking for John. He drove me to the ER at 3 am, drove an hour to get me sleeping medication and brought Blake to the hospital for a day so I could nurse him. I credit Steve that I am still nursing Blake...he lugged a double pump around Florida and kept track of when to pump so I didn't lose my milk.

He knew how important video of John will be to all of us, especially Emily and John Jr. so he started archving video, requested video of John from friends in FL and interviewed countless people asking what they want John Jr to know about his Daddy. His foresight, thoughtfulness, skill and values blessed countless lives through all of this and have once again made him my hero.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray for Steve!! Where would we all be without wonderful husbands. I'm glad he sent you out to be with us and came out to be with you too.

Tonia said...

You have a great husband. I'm glad he was able to be with you out here.

edenseve said...

Steve is my hero too. I feel so blessed that he was allowed to come to my family. Steve's presence, and all the special things he does, remind me that Heavenly Father must love me a lot, to have sent such an extraordinary man into my life. And I feel so privileged, as he has now brought a wonderful wife and three amazing children for us all to love.

Amanda B. said...

I loved this post. It was so neat to hear all the thoughtful things that Steve did during that week. I can totally see him keeping track of your nursing schedule for you. So sweet. What a guy!

Emily said...

Steve is my hero, too!!! What would I do without you both? Words cannot adequately express my love and appreciation for all you have done for me. You two are both some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met! I love you!

Muhamad Yusup said...

hy, pls visit to my blog www.cupitebet.co.cc