Friday, February 13, 2009

Museum Days

One of the best investments I've made was purchasing an annual membership to the Museum of Nature & Science in downtown Denver with Christmas money we were given. We have such a good time there! Whether it's blazing hot or freezing cold the museum is somewhere we can always go. And at the end of the day I feel like I've had a 'Good Mom Day' - they've learned something, I haven't raised my voice, no time-outs...it's a good thing.

We went today with our friends the Glissmeyers. It's so great to sit an one exhibit for as long the kids want and not have to feel rushed to "see it all." We let the kids do puzzles in the Discovery Zone for about 20 minutes and there was not one moment of regret that we weren't seeing the rest of the exhibits. They were in heaven and so were we!

We also saw a really neat exhibit "Nature Unleashed" about natural disasters. It showed drawings from children affected by Hurricane Katrina - one by a 10 year old boy who climbed to his rooftop and was saved, but lost his mother. It broke my heart. Anyway...there was something for everyone and I must say museum days are some of my favorite days! I forgot my camera today, but these are shots from previous trips.


Dissecting a heart - I don't know who was more excited - me or Trenton

Astronaut Kali

Looking at some sweet tusks with our friends the Taylors

No comments: