Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Three Wonderful Years

Our sweet Kali girl turned three years old on New Years Eve and I need to write this long overdue blog!

Dearest Kali -

I can't begin to tell you how much joy you have brought into our lives. From the time I could feel you kicking in my tummy at 20 weeks I knew you would be a busy, busy girl, always on the go. But I had no clue that you would direct that energy for so much good. From as young as I can remember you have had such a compassionate heart and are constantly looking out for others. You just have a way of knowing what others are thinking and feeling and what should be done about it. You were certainly created a nurturer.

You have such a tender heart. After we lost Uncle John, anytime you saw me with tears or pensive you would ask in your two year old way: "Mom, do you miss Uncle John?" But you're never one to pout or wallow. You know how to find the joy in life! The other day we were driving and you rolled down your window, looked up and the clouds on a beautiful sunny day and started waving madly shouting, "Hiiiii, Uncle John! Hiiiii, Uncle John." The rest of the car joined in and it made for a delightful moment.

Last night we were on a walk and sat down by a fire pit. I was talking to Trenton and playing with Blake when I realized you were sitting with another family. You were telling stories, admiring their baby, had all the children laughing at you, you knew each of the children's names. When it was time to go they all said "goodbye Kali" and gave you hugs. That is just the kind of child you are. You love people!

One of your friends who came to your birthday party was writing his card to you and asked his mom, "How do you spell love?" His mom told him and he said, "No, I mean I LOVE her! She makes me feel so happy inside when I am with her. How do I spell that LOVE?" Kali, you make all of us happy when we are with you. What an honor it is to have your spirit in our home.


One year old


Two years old

Lovin' our three year old girl!

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet and beautiful little girl! I loved reading about her. She definitely inherited a lot of those traits from her amazing mom!

I can't remember if I commented already, but I am sorry for all the sickness you guys were going through. Winter is yucky! Hope everyone is doing better now!

Steph and Scott said...

What a sweet note to your daughter! It's been such a long time and I'm happy to have found your blog! It looks like you guys are very happy and doing well. Awesome. ;) Do you know whatever happened to Ammon?

Troy and Heather said...

Three-year-olds are the best. We are having a lot of fun with Brax being 3 as well. Kali is such a cute girl. I got to sub her and Braxton's Sunbeam class one Sunday, and she is so adorable. That is so cute that she is so friendly with just anyone.